Tuesday, September 2, 2008

sew sew sew..... and than ....sew some more...

I don't know what is going on with me, but I keep sewing like a crazy woman.... The wallhanging I created is finished; it is going to be named "wildflowers" and will be a bd-gift. Last week I also bought fabric with Orka's and Dolfins in combination with soft/pale blue allover flower fabric. I cut strips out of them, sewed them together, cut them in strips again and rearranged them so I would get a checkerboard with dolfins/orka's and flowers. This is going to be a 1 person bedquilt and yet another bd-gift. ( not telling for who it is though.... ) I need to get me more fabric to give this bd-gift a couple of borders, I also need to go to the quiltshop and buy lots and lots of batting because I need to finnish the red & white quilt, the baby-quilt, this bd-quilt and another bd-quilt that is on my mind. I hope I will be able to make these quilt-tops ready to be basted. The basting is something I can do while on vacation in a couple of weeks. The quilting and binding is for after the vacation. Often I read on a blog that people are hating it to have to sew the binding on and I just don't understand. I mean... it is not that I LOVE handsewing bindings on to quilts, but hate doing it? nah... I usualy do it when watching tv, when hubby is working nightshift or - like today - lateshift. And than it is often done before you know it!

No comments: